Thursday, January 28, 2010

Living Proverbs 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

I've been sitting here in front of my computer for a while now...not sure in what the Lord wants me to share with all of you today...

I continually pray and ask for guidance as to how He would want to use the Living Proverbs 22:6 posts. Clearly from the beginning, He as given the answer that I should simply share my journey of parenting with you. To share praises, struggles and sometimes the pain of training four children.

Which on a lighter note, there has been MUCH pain in potty training Kolton! =)

But today I'm a little messy inside and don't know what to share. Which for those of you who know me...might find that surprising!! I always have my two bits to share, right?! So we will see what spills out on the screen today as I pray for the Holy Spirit to lead my words....

Lately the Lord has been giving situations to stretch and grow my faith. He is continuing to mold me, which hurts...but I praise Him for it! Praise God that He doesn't give up on us!! There are no words to describe the grace and mercy He has shown me in my life!

Thank you Lord!!

And how does that relate to our children?? Sometimes, I feel that I have so much mess in me that I can't possibly teach them correctly. Or worse yet...teach them one thing then live out another. Yikes... It's a constant reality check. Our children see our best and worst! How do we handle our worst? Do we brush it under the rug and next time around that same mountain handle the situation the same darn way?

It happens...and it happens to me more than I care to admit.

I get stuck on myself! Stuck in sin, but praise God when He reveals that to us. When we see it for what it is...we can lay it down. Jesus said "My yoke is easy and My burden is light"...we don't need to carry the burdens we do. But, man it is a long process of dying to our stenchy flesh.

*sigh*

So I guess today...what's on my heart is to keep it real!

Don't let your current situation, the burdens weighing you down, hinder you from seeing the awesome wonderful gifts (your children) He has given you!! Life is HARD WORK! Parenting is HARD WORK!! But don't give up!!

FOCUS on them!!

ENJOY them!!

LOVE them unconditionally!!

LISTEN to them contently!!

TEACH them the TRUTH and the HOPE we have in Christ!!

SHOW your love for Christ by living it out in front of them!!

CHERISH every second you have them with you!!

We will have mountains and valleys to travel through...walk it out together!! Live out your faith together hand in hand while standing on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ!!

Now...
Go find those babies of yours and give them a big ol' smoosh!!


"Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ." Col 2:6-8

No comments: