Monday, July 12, 2010

Marvelous Monday!

Good Morning!
My family and I were on vacation last week, so I apologize for the quietness here on the blog! When somethings quite....somethings up! Just like when a house full of kids suddenly gets quiet...hmmm, their busy doing something and usually their something is something they shouldn't be doing. But our week away was a much needed break! I didn't take any work with me and decided that I would spend that time with the Lord instead. It was good!

We spend the week in Indiana with my In laws again this year. Last year we had plans pretty much every day going to aquariums and museums...but this year we kept it really simple. Simple is so nice... We did keep busy and made sure to get in our day of rafting...but most of afternoons were spent out on the porch overlooking beautiful hillsides. The kids were great and it was wonderful spending quality time with family!

One of my prayers before I left was that I would come back changed. That I would seek His face and have open eyes and ears to see and hear what He wanted to reveal to me. That did happen. He is faithful to answer when we seek. But this morning when I was outside the grey clouds were starting to break way to a beautiful day I was praising God. I was praying and reflecting over that past week. My mind came back to the request that I would come back changed....

Then my eyes looked down to this.........


You know, the Lord has a great sense of humor!

The Thompson family has come home with a new puppy. And not just a puppy...but a blood hound puppy. You know the ones that grow up big and have lots of slobbers!! It wasn't quite the change I had in my mind when I was praying...but I smiled and laughed as He brought that to my mind this morning!

I was surprised that my husband actually said yes...but I really had my eye on one of those CUTE little Amish babies. I guess he felt that this was a safer bet.... =)

Hope you all had a wonderful week! Looking forward to getting caught up on everything over the next few days!

post signatureaka...Tina

3 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

God has an amazing sense of humor. :-D

Heather said...

Oh my! No wonder you could not resist - look at those eyes! He is adorable!!!! Happy puppy training!

Carrie said...

we BOTH got sweet new babies this week ;o)