Thursday, September 23, 2010

A few of my favorite things....Living Proverbs 22:6




"Train up a child
in the way he should go,
even when he is old
he will not depart from it"
-Proverbs 22:6





Today I would love for us to share some of our favorite things...some of our favorite "tools" per say, that help us train up our children. Obviously, this is our desire for Baby be Blessed Dolls. To be used as tools to train. But, let me make my heart on this very clear.

These things are in NO way....EVER....to replace directly reading the word of God to our babies from our Bibles.

Ever.

But-there are "tools" out there in which can be used in our everyday lives that draws us to the Word of God. Here are a few of my favorites.


Kolton rarely sits still. As Grandma Shopp says...he just doesn't have any sit in his butt!

So when he IS still I wanted to take advantage of it. Since the kids have started school, Kolton and I eat lunch alone together. What a great opportunity! I read the Bible to the older kids during breakfast, so how awesome to read this Storybook Bible to Kolton during lunch!

I really love how each story brings Christ to the heart.




Another thing that I love is Seeds Family Worship!

Putting scripture to music...it's amazing! What an awesome way to remember God's word. I've heard my kids quoting scripture (which caught my ear) and then realized that it was the scripture from the Seeds Family Worship CD's.

It's catchy and so fun!



Another love I have are all the beautiful things we can put in front of our eyes during the day.

Our eyes are the door into our soul...lets fill it with God's promises and hope! I think we all could use a little (or a lot) of that during the day!

I absolutely LOVE this Child of the King -Product by "Show Offs Art" and sold by DaySpring and ps... This beautiful print is on sale 56% off at $24.99!

So how about you? What "tools" have you used or surrounded yourself with to train up your children? I've included a linky below so we can all share!!

Can't WAIT to see all your discoveries!!
post signature






No comments: