Friday, December 31, 2010

My One Word

I've never been one for New Years resolutions. Personally I think that when I have thought about them or even made one...I just set myself up for failure because for me personally, I rarely get through the first week without breaking it. One of the things that the Lord is working out in me lately is putting plans and goals on paper. I'm talking small...like weekly and daily stuff. So as I was pondering the new year I thought write out some goals instead of a "resolution".

Then yesterday morning on K Love radio, I heard them sharing about an un-resolution. The choosing one word. "My One Word". They had done this last year and spoke of how God used the word He gave them throughout 2010.

I checked out their website and as the day moved forward, the thought of this One Word just moved in my Spirit. Not a bunch of lists or resolutions, but simply One Word.

What is this?
"Every New Year we hope this will finally be the year that things will change. We make promises about the new person we're going to become, pledging to get a grip on our finances, get in shape, become a better parent, spouse, even a nicer human being! But there’s one problem: our resolutions seldom work. The busy pace of life gets the better of us, and suddenly, the year is over with little to no personal growth having occurred in our lives.

My One Word” is an experiment designed to move you beyond the past and look ahead. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD. This process provides clarity by taking all of your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single thing. One word focuses on your character and creates a vision for your future. So, we invite you to join us and pick one word in 2011 (click here to learn how)! "

(taken from myoneword.com)

-----

So I prayed and asked God what He would want my one word for 2011 to be?

He surprisingly answered VERY QUICKLY, which typically doesn't happen...He makes me wait.

But praise be to God, this is the word that was given to me~

To be Faithful in time spent in Prayer.

Faithful to stay in His Word.

Faithful to be obedient with all He calls me to do.

Faithful with my time.

Faithful to move in the Spirit.

And oh, how I long to hear those beautiful words...

"His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'" Matthew 35:21

What would your word be?
Would you pray and ask God to speak it to you?

Hope you have a wonderful end to 2010!!
My babies and I are going to sit under blankets, watch some good movies and eat bunches of popcorn!

Talk to you next year!! =)
post signature


No comments: