Monday, March 7, 2011

Isaiah 43:18-19

I've got the fever! Spring Fever that is!! I've been filling containers with fresh dirt and planting bulbs and grass seeds.

I keep watching. Have they broke through the earth? How much have they grown?

It's so refreshing to me in the long months at the end of winter to watch something new spring forth!

New Life! God's faithfulness!

This morning the kids and I were sitting around the table. They were eating their fruit loops as I was reading from the book of Joshua. We commented how tall the Paperwhites on our table had gotten! They were all standing tall. For days we could see the blooms forming in the buds.

After the big kids left for school and loads of laundry were started and first round of dishes were stacked in the dishwasher, round two of breakfast comes down the steps. He wakes with his mouth open for food and as he is rubbing his still sleeping eyes, asks for breakfast the same way he does every morning. "Milk in a bowl, with cereal and a spoon!" and then with a reminder "Please". So we get out the bowl and pour the cereal and the milk. He chooses the biggest spoon in the drawer (again, like always) and drops it in the trunk of his tricycle and rides on over to his spot at the table. We fold the hands and we pray a prayer of thanks.

It's then I see it.

The blooms that were forming tight in the buds...had burst out! Just earlier they were closed tight and now had burst open. Like they just couldn't be held in any longer!

This year, I am committing to memorizing two scripture verses a month. Now this has been nothing short of answered prayer because though I can remember a face from ten years ago...I can't even remember my own children's names half the time. I've always used that excuse as to not memorize scripture....because my memory is TERRIBLE!

But through prayer, discipline and the empowering of the Holy Spirit, God has allowed me to memorize His word and remember it! I praise Him!!

So when I saw these blooms my first thought is "It's bursting out!" from Isaiah 43:18-19, which is the very first scripture I have memorized this year.

"Forget about what has happened;
don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present.
I'm about to do something brand-new.
It's bursting out!
Don't you see it? There it is!
I'm making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands" Isaiah 43:18-19, MSG.

This verse has spoken so much to me. God has walked me through each portion. For awhile it was the first sentence. I would repeat it over and over to myself...retraining my mind. Then He has been working on me with the Be alert, be present. Boy was I NOT present. Then I needed to trust in what He was telling me. I'm about to do something brand-new, and isn't He always when we are abiding in Him? But today His words bursting out...just struck me through the beauty of this bloom!

If we trust and believe who He really is and what He says is really true, we will be watching. Because His goodness, beauty, love, grace and perfect will -IS BURSTING OUT! Do we see it?

There it is!!




post signature

2 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

So beautiful! I absolutely love it :)

TanyaLea said...

love, Love, LOVE this post!! It is 'bursting out' with the truths of His Word! I admire how you took the time to disect and meditate on each part of that scripture... I think that's how God prefers we take in his Word... one fruitful bite at a time.

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya