Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Psalm 30:11-12

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praises to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Psalm 30:11-12
-You'll never know the experience of being clothed with joy until you've allowed Him to remove your sackcloth. Beth Moore, Seeking a heart like His.

This was from my bible study this morning. It has stuck in my mind today, so I thought I would share. =) Lately I have been feeling just yuck. Maybe it's hormones or maybe it's having a few busy weeks. I've just felt like well...tearing my clothes and sitting with dirt on my face. No particular big reason. Just feeling yuck! =)


So when I read this verse this morning, I took it straight to heart. Joshua 7:10 immediately came to my mind and I always smile when I remember it. Maybe because I feel the Lord has spoken these words to my heart many times and has reminded me of them today...it reads: "So the LORD said to Joshua: "Get up! Why do you lie thus on your face?"


Isn't that great! I love it!!


And isn't it wonderful that He never leaves us with our face in the dirt! =)


I'm definitely ready to stand up and turn my mourning into dancing!


How about you?!


REMOVE MY SACKCLOTH LORD! I will sing praises and not be silent!


O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!!


post signature

No comments: