Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pure Love...































I pray that each of you are having a wonderful Easter weekend spending time reflecting and remembering the precious Gift that was given to each person who chooses to believe.

In my own personal study and reading through the scriptures once again, I wanted to share a little devotion that is in my Bible.

Matthew 26:39 reads:
"He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, 'Oh My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.'"

If what is possible?

If salvation and redemption can come in any other way. If man can be
saved by any other method -by being good, by being religious, by being sincere-
then let this cup pass from Me.

If it were possible for man to be saved in any other way, Jesus would not
have gone to the cross. People sometimes take offense at the face that we
teach that Jesus is the only way. But His death was the only way; so He
prayed, in beautiful submission to the Father, "Not as I will, but as You
will." (Chuck Smith)


Isn't it beautiful?

There was no other way.

He was persecuted, beaten, died and was resurrected for you and for me.

post signature

No comments: