Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How Great Thou Art


Over the weekend, my daughter Natalie and I were able to visit the Equine Affair in Columbus Ohio.  It was a field trip (of sorts) for our 4H club.  The crowds were filled with boots that clanked spurs, sparkly belt buckles and cowboy hats.  As we walked around all I could do is smile over the kids excitement!  One of them said..."We are with our people!"  It was so cute I could burst!

There were a variety of clinics you could go to and learn about a bit of horse everything, and one of those clinics was from Stacy Westfall...Natalie was thrilled!  She has YouTubed Stacy Westfall to the hilt!!
 
{and let me just add here that you should take a quick look at one of her runs if you are able -Amazing!}

To give you the short version,  the clinic was to talk about Musical Freestyle on Horses.  She asked three ladies to participate in a freestyle and we learned about technique, scoring ect...

All three ladies were FANTASTIC but one stood out to me.
Her name was Emmie. She rode to the song 'How Great Thou Art'.

Let me just tell you ~I still get goosebumps just thinking about it!  I found a video of it on YouTube and though it does not give the real performance justice it shows you a bit of what I'm talking about.

(please turn of blog music)


There is something pretty amazing about a beautiful hymn blasting from a set a stadium speakers! Every corner of that arena filled with His blessing of Hope and message of Truth that flowed right out to the street!

People from every walk of life were sitting in those seats.

My eyes filled with tears as I thought about how glorifying it was to God and that He would use it to change hearts and speak truth and reminded me again of how important it is to use every single gift and talent to glorify Him!

As I heard the people cheer and applaud in all their hats, spurs and sparkles I couldn't help but smile and think...

Yep...we are with our people!

post signature

No comments: