Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Be Still

Goodness, I have so much to share! 
God has been so faithful over the past few weeks and I want to get all my thoughts typed out -SO I REMEMBER!  It's funny how the mind can replay terrible things from 20 years ago, yet forget the wonderful moments of His daily grace.  So like the Israelites...I will write down and repeat to remember.  By remembering how faithful He was yesterday, gives me faith to trust Him with today.   

Let me start by saying, vacation started off rough! 

I just couldn't lay down all the "to-do's".  My mind constantly swirled with all the things that had to get done when we got home, so as the kids ran and played I sat there not fully able to embrace the moment.  On Wednesday, I was DONE and in God's perfect timing I received a text from my Pastor   "Their is no vacation when it comes to souls :) PRAY PRAY PRAY".  And though he may have been talking about all the souls at VBS the following week, God meant it for me.  I was praying, but my heart wasn't settled...no rest...and Psalm 46:10 came to my mind "Be still and know that I am God".

So that next morning I just stood outside and quieted my heart.  I listened to His creation sing. Saw the gift of a new day dawning and just. stood. quiet.


And it was then that He asked me..."Do you trust Me?"

A flood of emotion overcomes and the weight I had been carrying fell off and isn't that always the real question???  I once again raised my tear streaked face to Him and answered, YES.

There is no vacation for the soul.  But I praise you Lord!
You are always right there. A refuge and strength to all who believe in you!

post signature

No comments: