Monday, July 9, 2012

Let's back up.


(Please cover your ears)

AAAHHHHHHHHH! 

(Thank you.  You can uncover now)

I'm sitting in my jammies this morning with my feet propped up, laptop warm on my lap.  My babies are snuggled in blankets all around me and my husband, who is sitting in the chair across the room, just sent me an email.

From:  Keith Thompson 8:30 AM (9 minutes ago)
To: me

I would like to schedule an appointment for a trim today please. 
 
He smiles big at me.  It's his birthday.

We are on vacation but I just wanted to take a little bit of time to recap last week.  That scream still lingered inside...so thank you for giving me the freedom to let that out here.  =)


Let's back up to last Friday, which would have been June 29th.  A huge storm blew in with winds around 75 miles an hour.  It tore through the area leaving a huge mess and most of the entire state of Ohio without power.  We were one of the lucky ones not loosing electricity and only littered with a bunch of branches!  My husband Keith ended up at work for about 30 hours straight because of the power outage. 

Saturday morning, our 4H club volunteered to pass out water for the 5K run.  What a great group of kids.  They always have so much fun together!


That afternoon we gathered for the 4th at Grandpa and Grandma's.  The kids had a blast with water balloon,  squirt gun fights and lots of good family conversation! 

(Keith is now sitting beside me -we moved out to the porch- has emailed me again, "hi, you are cute" and is sounding off random duck calls on his phone.  I better hurry this post!  haha)



Later that afternoon we gathered back at our house to celebrate a very special ladies birthday!

Happy 83rd Birthday, Grandma Shopp!!

My sister in law (who makes the best desserts ever -YUM!) brought two cakes.  A Reese cup ice cream cake and a strawberry cake! 

The kids ran, smiled and giggled.  The adults smiled, laughed and giggled too!  What a wonderful time spent together in celebration!





That evening....FIREWORKS!



Sunday after Fellowship we went to a local roping clinic.  Natalie and Tristin LOVED it, Kolton & Lola there for support. I see some lasso's and calf dummies in our future!


Wednesday, Natalie had another horse show.  She got 5th in the Halter class and 5th out of nine in 4H Showmanship.  It was over 100 degrees that afternoon and Natalie got a little overheated but really did a terrific job!

The rest of the week was filled with cleaning, packing and lots of doll sorting, cutting and finishing! 

Keith just asked me if it was time for his hair cut so it's time to go for now!  =)

I'll be back with all of our vacation adventures!

post signature

No comments: