Thursday, December 27, 2012

Whispers in the dark --"Wake up! It's Christmas!"


I heard whispers in the dark followed by the creaking of our old hardwood floor.  Footsteps down the stairs for a peek and a quick run back to her room.  More whispers and different set of footsteps.  The house stirs awake with quiet giggles and "Wake up!  It's Christmas!"  I roll over and squint at the time.  It's 5:15 am.  Oh my....

They all travel downstairs and I can hear them talking in excitement.  They just couldn't hold in the joy!  And I think maybe it's a bit like the shepherds on that first Christmas morning, though the gift they saw was the best gift of all....

I just laid in the dark and listened.  It wasn't long before I heard the two smallest making their way back up the stairs.  They stopped at our doorway.  "You do it."  "No you!" with giggles,  proceeded the playing of one of our musical ornaments off the tree.

Barking dogs singing Jingle Bells! 

Oh how they laughed and ran back down the stairs as quickly as they could!

It's 5:30 am. I make my way downstairs to four happy smiles, make a pot of strong coffee and light a fire in the fireplace!  Keith drew numbers to see who would open their stocking first. 

Hope you all had a beautiful Christmas that was filled with lots of wonderful memories!
   
post signature