Sunday, November 30, 2014

Why


Yep, why.

I'm sitting here in my sewing room this morning.  Soft music playing in the background.  A radiant pink orange blaze trimmed the curtains.  I pull a corner back and take in the sunrise of a new day.  A new day of grace.

The past couple days have been a bit messy and I am pondering why.

I set myself up you know....with tv and postcard scenes in my mind, the trimming of the tree never has played out quite exactly how I have built it up to be.  It was a bit easier when the kids were all small.  Their excitement!  Handing out the ornaments, one by one.  They burst with happiness!  Hanging them on heavy low branches.....

Maybe this is what I miss??

It sure beats the teenager grumbles and husband snoring in the recliner, that was last year.

I want JOY, SMILES, those GIGGLES!  {Trimmed with some soft Christmas music, the crackle of the fire and a warm cup of coffee in my hand, you know....}

But this is real life and in real life comes many seasons, so why get so grumpy when the postcard image doesn't play out?   Why allow it to steal my joy?   And you know how it rolls when mamma's not happy....

This year {though two teenagers still grumbled} we DID have a seven year old get up at THREE AM because he was so excited to "build the tree" and as Natalie and I tended to the horses, the two youngest built it together to surprise me.

My heart spilled over.

It is all just a reminder how we can build up expectations and then when things don't pan out...it's steals all of our joy, smiles and giggles.

As we head into Advent, my heart desires to only expect the expectation of His coming....and as I sit and ponder THAT this morning>> when I switch my focus to HIM...everything else simply falls into place.

xo, Tina






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post. thanks for the shared with us, web free design

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Digital Marketing Company in Delhi said...

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.

myslot said...

slotxo เครดิตฟรีเล่นที่นี่เลย เกมสล็อต xo ที่ดีที่สุด https://www.slotxd.com/slotxo

Unknown said...

Did you know there's a 12 word sentence you can say to your man... that will induce deep emotions of love and instinctual attraction to you buried within his heart?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, idolize and guard you with all his heart...

12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will make him work harder than ever before to to be the best lover he can be.

In fact, fueling this powerful impulse is absolutely mandatory to having the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will immediately find him expose his soul and heart for you in a way he never expressed before and he'll distinguish you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly fascinated him.

PG SLOT said...

25 รับ 100 pg เกมสล็อตออนไลน์หรือที่เรียกว่า PG SLOT เป็นที่นิยมมากเพิ่มขึ้นในตอนไม่กี่ปีที่ล่วงเลยไปกลุ่มนี้มอบโอกาสให้ผู้เล่นได้รับรางวัลใหญ่ในเวลาเดียวกันมอบประสบการณ์