Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful for today...

" Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24
____________________
Over the past few days the Lord has really spoken to my heart. The things that He has spoken are just reminders of what He has already told me...but He needed to remind me. I praise Him for the Holy Spirit that is working 24/7 within all of us who have made the choice to live for Christ. Some days I bet the Holy Spirit just wants to knock me over the head to get the cobwebs cleared so I get refocused, but that is NOT how the Lord works. Even though He did knock me over the head literally once...hard! I'll have to share that story at another time. But for today I just want to be thankful for today. Maybe the day won't hold the same plan in it as I have in my mind. Most days around here are like that and sometimes I get discouraged by it. But to just take it as the Lord gives it to us. How do we handle it? Will we throw a fit and fuss or take it in stride. What perspective do I have today? I read an awesome blog yesterday that I want to share with all of you. I pray that it will speak directly to your heart...that the Lord will use it to refocus and motivate you. At least that is what He did for me. So today lets check our attitude, who are we living for...ourselves or for the Lord? If I have my focus on myself, a pity party rolls in. If my focus is on what the Lord has for me to do today...a feeling of "BRING IT ON"!! This is a daily, moment by moment choice. I praise you Father for your great work in my life and I pray today that I would be obedient to that plan instead of an obstacle of that plan. I do not wish to whine, complain and grumble over every obstacle but to walk forth straight to Your will and work for me. Reminds me Lord of your deliverance of Israel from Egypt. They could have had a much shorter trip, but instead Lord they whined and complained, so as punishment they had to take the long 40 year route. I don't my life to be the long hard 40 year route. I desire Lord to walk the straight path right to your promises. There will be many hard times in the life of a believer. Much that we will need to overcome. Your standards and will for our lives is much higher than what the world requires but I thank you Lord for your faithfulness!! So in EVERYTHING I will rejoice, pray without ceasing and give thanks...for today this is Your will Lord, not mine!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Tina! I love your blog so much. Your giveaways are fun and I still hope to win one for my grandneice before Christmas, but I often just come to read because it's so peaceful and encouraging here!

I have nominated you for an award...

Come and read about it on my blog:
http://thecreatorspalette.blogspot.com

It's well deserved and I hope you enjoy it! :-)

Love,
Melanie

ASHLEY said...

I was simply heartbroken after reading this and the blog you mentioned.....one day at a time, sweet jesus thats all i'm asking from you...i am thankful for today!! Tina, you continue to inspire!

mendozaashley@bellsouth.net