Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Freedom...


We take for granted the freedom that we have here in the United States...I know that I do. The one thing that I don't take for granted is all of the willing soldiers who have fought and who are fighting for that freedom we have. I thank them so much! My husband Keith is currently in the Army reserves and was gone for 18 months serving our country in Iraq. It has been three years since he has returned home, but it is always in the back of my mind that he could get called up at a moments notice to leave again....and he would go without question. This is one of my favorite pictures of him! It was the hardest time in my life but yet the Lord used it for His glory. I praise Him for that! There are many opinions on war. I agree and disagree, but one thing is for sure...we will continue to be in war throughout these final days. It is a biblical truth. It is soldiers like Keith that I am so very proud of and support! They sacrifice their lives to give us freedom! Please take the time to thank a veteran and their family today! May God bless them!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

amen! our church honored our veterans in a very special way this past sunday. i have a great picture of my daddy on my blog, you should check it out!

Jodi said...

Thank you for this short BUT oh so important post. We do forget them and get angry over silly things. Yes or no they should or should not be there. BUT we NEED to remember they keep us free. My husband has been gone from us for a year this Jan. and will get to have a short visit for the holidays when he is off the China maybe, not real sure. We have been married eight years and non of them have been easy , but you are so right God is using this for His glory and everyday I have to remind my self this is for Gods glory not mine. I enjoy reading other bolgs as a pass time and when i com across other believers it tickles my heart.
God Bless.