Thursday, September 10, 2009

Living Proverbs 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go,

Even when he is old he will not depart from it"

Proverbs 22:6


It feels good to be back with you on Thursdays! I still feel led to share how we are walking out our call to Proverbs 22:6 ...so that's what I'm gonna do until the Lord tells me different! =)

School has started back up and a new daily routine has started. Though I miss my children being home during the day I have enjoyed more of a structured schedule, which we absolutely don't have during the summer. As I shared with you in previous posts, the Lord pressed upon me to start a daily devotional/prayer time with our children. I enjoyed reading all your book and devotional ideas...God is so good!!


Our church library had V. Gilbert Beers The One Year Bible for Children. It walks you through the Bible through a daily story and also includes questions in which you can review what you've read, discover what it means, and apply it to daily life. What is the best way to teach your child about God and His word?? It is through the Bible!! His instruction manual for our lives! We need to be teaching these principles to our children. So many do not, and we see it in the world more and more each passing day. I praise God and His Holy Spirit for meeting each one of my children each morning. That He meets Tristin (10), Natalie (8), Lola (6), Kolton (2) and even myself right where we are at spiritually. It is my prayer and desire to teach them the TRUTH which we can only find in God's word...my desire to make a daily, moment by moment choice to use every opportunity the Lord gives.


What a indescribable blessing to join together in the morning as a family. Yes, it is a choice to take the time to do it...even when the morning is beyond crazy ! God will bless you and your children. The love and desire for Christ in our lives will grow...what else can we ask for?

I found this in Lola's folder yesterday....how my heart was full of praise and thankfulness!! Keep planting those seeds... they will sprout! And when they sprout and grow, you just don't know how God might use it to teach others along the way!

Seek Christ. Allow Him to mold you and your children! Allow HIM to be Lord over your lives!!


Love you all!!


~Tina



1 comment:

Patsy said...

What a great way to start a day!! Your children are lucky to have such a great mom!! Have a blessed weekend!!