Friday, August 26, 2011

Whew! What a Week!


This week has flown by and everyday I intended to stop for a minute and blog about what was going on...but then the minute quickly moved into something else and now it is Friday already! We've had so much that I want to remember, so I took time this morning to just sit and catch up here on the blog with what has been going on!



This past weekend was spent mostly at home and it was nice just to relax, spend time together and eat ice cream (including sprinkles) with the kids before they started school!


Sunday afternoon Kolton had his Preschool Open House, which he LOVED! He is so ready to start his second year! We discovered that Miss Julie was his teacher and squealed when he found his coat hook! He was excited to see all the new toys and was not ready to leave when it was time to go back home. His first day is on Monday and he can't wait!



The rest of the afternoon was spent weeding and mulching! My poor flowerbeds have gotten WAY out of control! In years past I devoted at least one afternoon a week to weed and work with my flowers. This is one of the things I enjoy! I love working in the dirt and don't even mind pulling weeds...but a summers worth in one afternoon was a little much.


Let me tell you...my legs would hardly work for the next two days!


But it feels so good to have it done and I can actually see the flowers now!!




The first day of school for the big kids was on Wednesday!


If you asked them if they were ready...you would have gotten a shrug and an "I don't know" but boy they were up and ready to get going bright and early! It is really bittersweet for me...but one thing I missed more than anything else was our morning Bible study together!


They thought I was crazy taking a picture but oh how I cherish that time!


They were excited that we used the "fancy" plates and I made them eggs and toast.

They had a great first day and have had a wonderful week! I think we are all still adjusting to the new school schedule but things are more routine -which is SO NICE!


We also started a new Bible Study at Church -Discovering your Gifts and Talents! It is going to be a great unit to teach/study and I am looking forward to it! We also are memorizing Psalm 1...


"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands int he way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish."

The kids were pretty excited -but don't think they will be able to memorize a whole psalm!


I'm excited! Because I know they will!


I hope your week was a good one!


Maybe it was busy like ours...the start of a new season!


I'm excited and looking forward to all the joys and blessings that it will hold!


post signature




No comments: