Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reflections

I sit this morning in my husbands favorite chair and sip that first bit of steaming warmth. I woke up late. Again. A couple weeks of lounging holiday's makes it a hard feat to get these feet up going.

Devoting this week to set times of prayer, I ignore the clock and try to focus on the One who holds all time in His hand. Ten quiet minutes in prayer won't break my day, it will build it.

I tuck my feet in the crocheted afghan still laying on the floor from last night.

You make time and do the things that are important to you. Didn't those words flow from my lips just last night?

The wreath above our fireplace sprinkled with shining little lights, reflects in the mirror and shines out over the ceiling. Lighting up the dark room like a city on a hill.

"Let me tell you why you are here.

You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?


You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.

Here is another way to put it:


You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept.


We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill.

If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you?


I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand ---shine!


Keep open house; be generous with your lives.
Be opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." Matthew 5:13-16, MSG

This I reflect as I swallow down the warm. These words painting such a brilliant picture in my mind. We are to be a light, bringing out the God-colors in the world! Like the sun shining through the rain creating a beautiful rainbow that spreads across the sky.

Thoughts and scenarios run through my mind.

I stop and pray.
It's the prayer that places direction into the thoughts anyway...I need to pray more

I desire to bring out the God-flavors of this earth and I can only do that through prayer. Asking the Lord to fill full with His Spirit! It's only He that can do the work.

As we move into a new year I've asked God to bear more fruit in my life (John 15), that I may bring salt to the earth and light into the world.

So much of my life has just been works....many branches have not beared any fruit. He's taking those branches away and pruning what needs pruned.

I rejoice through the growing and the stretching and the pain of sin and brokenness revealed -and praise Him.

I do not type these words today to shine light to myself. Lord knows the mess I will get myself into as soon as I raise from the knees... I only blog this because -

1. I pray to encourage all of you with my own journey of faith. Being open to you so that prayerfully it will "prompt people to open up with God" as well.

-AND-

2. It will affect every aspect of my life including Baby be Blessed.

As I learn to abide in Him, He will abide in me and much fruit will come!

Through this HE will be glorified!
This is my Hope as I prayerfully move forward in Him.

post signature

No comments: