Thursday, January 12, 2012

My One Word for 2012

As we push into a new year...I once again pray and ask God for my one word for 2012. Last year...my word -FAITHFULNESS! You can link here to read all about it. The funny (well not really) thing is reflecting back on that word with the year in past view.

Faithfulness

Quoting myself, "To be Faithful in time spent in Prayer. Faithful to stay in His Word. Faithful to be obedient with all He calls me to do. Faithful with my time. Faithful to move in the Spirit."

If I were to be really honest...I wasn't able to be completely faithful in any of those things.

*sigh*

It's my natural response to start beating myself up, but the Spirit tells me to stop. Stop and look again at that word that was given.

Isn't it just like me to try and work my way to the top. To try and earn instead of arms open wide receive? To try and gain some sort of leverage? Favor?

He knew where my faithfulness would fall. Short!

It turns out to be that throughout the year of 2011, it was HIS FAITHFULNESS that I needed to learn. HE IS FAITHFUL!

2010 -Learning to fully Trust
2011 -To learn His Faithfulness


and in 2012- to joyfully live in Hope!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."


God is our hope!

The living Christ is my HOPE in and for all things!

I joyfully look forward to the Lord working out this word HOPE in my life throughout the year

Do you have a One Word for 2012?

I would love to visit your blog and read all about it. Maybe we can journey this year together? Every Thursday let's meet here and share how the Lords working it all out in the daily life. I expectantly wait to TASTE AND SEE all that He is going to do!

"Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see— how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him." Psalm 34:8, NIV

post signature


*A BIG THANK YOU to Melanie at Only a Breath for the free 2012 One Word Button!
Do you have yours? Go give Melanie a visit today!



Share your One Word below.

2 comments:

Worthy of the Prize said...

Great word, Tina! And that verse in Romans is one of my favorites! Hope is actually one that I pondered but I chose JOY instead! I linked up if you want to read why!

Happy New Year! :)

cKAja said...

thanks for sharing this