Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Romans 12:11


Our Fellowship is committing this week to fasting and prayer. I am seeking the Lord to speak through His word. Oh how my heart desires to just steep more and more in His truth!! One way that I try to do that is to take a passage of the Bible and soak in it one verse at a time. Just ponder it all day long. This week I will be going through Romans 12:9-21.  {Will you join me?}

Verse 11

Not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; ~NKJV


Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord ~NIV

Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame.
Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. ~MSG


This morning I sit in the second hand, big red comfy chair I found last weekend through craigslist.  It sits here in my sewing room, my Bible lying open on the arm.   The window is open and a cool breeze floats in on the curtains.  I hear birds, squirrels and the chatter of many children in the next room. 

I'm sure it's no coincidence, because simply -there are none...but I am just plum tuckered out this morning.  The day ahead leaving me feel a bit overwhelmed and here I sit with these words from Romans in front of me.

Honestly  I struggle with diligence, zeal and feeling burnt out.  I push push push and then I have a tendency to crash.  Mainly emotionally because I don't have a choice but to keep going physically.  This frustrates me!  Makes me flat out mad! 

But maybe instead of getting mad maybe I should just view it as a sign that today I simply need more of Him.  Sometimes our struggle and weak moments are self inflicted...sometimes its just the result of living life in a broken world.   Its days like these that I need to find my strength in Him. 

This, I believe is how we become steadfast and not lagging in diligence.  We will always have those days we don't want to move from the big red comfy chair but we choose in faith to get up and push on....and Lord, may I do this in a manner that glorifies you!


post signature

No comments: