Thursday, May 3, 2012

Romans 12:12



Verse 12
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation,
continuing steadfastly in prayer; ~NKJV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~NIV

Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. ~MSG

When I read verse 12...with a smile, I think of our horse Shiloh.  Oh how we love her!!  When we discovered that Cocoa (who was only green broke) wasn't going to work for 4H this year, Natalie and I started praying.  Many MANY prayers have been spoken over this horse -even before we knew who she was!  When the door opened to purchase her the whole family was thrilled!  We were so excited! 

Natalie chose the name Shiloh...which means, His gift.   I could have cried when she told me.

Little did we know the obstacles that laid ahead.  There were so many in fact that I questioned if we were wrong for buying her...though I prayed and prayed for the Lord's will. 

Around the same time one of my dear friends purchased a house.  They had no doubt that the Lord opened the door for them to do so but after the closing ran into a ton of obstacles....just one right after another.  As we stood there in her brand new living room I couldn't help but smile and think of Shiloh.  Two totally different situations but yet the same principle. 

It's so easy sometimes to question whether you made the right choice especially if troubles start coming your way.  Lord did I fall out of your will?  Is that why we have all these troubles?

I have no doubt that the Lord allowed us to purchase Shiloh and THAT is what I keep bringing my mind back to when those doubts pop up.  He has placed wonderful people around us to lead us through the difficulties.  We have learned a lot of patience and continue in prayer, trusting that the Lord works all things out for good.  He has provided and guided us each step of the way.  

Just because you have trials in front of you doesn't necessarily mean your not within the Lord's will for your life.  Its the tough times that allow us to lean into Him even more and depend on His guidance.

May we not give up but steadfastly pray --and rejoice!
This is an amazing adventure!
post signature

No comments: