Monday, February 1, 2010

Morning ponderings....

"For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies."
Psalm 57:10


I sit here this morning with the warm powerful sun STREAMING through the window!! I saw it rise this morning. It was a hot pink blaze in the Eastern sky!! So bright that you couldn't really look directly at it for more than a second. Outside the cold air nips at the branches as they sway back and forth as the squirrels are in full scurry chasing each other in the trees. Wow...I really don't take enough time to look at what's all around me.

My dog, Gunner always has his nose pressed to the window watching the beautiful creation of our maker. Even as I type this I smile, because he is right beside me with his big black nose pressed so hard against the window he is making that awful snot noise...like he's trying to sniff what's going on outside, right through the window!!

God is SO GOOD!!

I woke with such a heavy heart this morning. Many prayer requests in my mind and heart. Burdens of the world weighing me down. But as I spent time in prayer and strengthen myself in His powerful word...that heavy weight is lifted. It is not mine to carry. When I choose to hold it, I crumble under the pressure. So once again this morning I handed it over, knowing that our God is in full control of every single circumstance!!

GREAT IS YOUR LOVE!! GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!!

It is beyond our comprehension...and I praise You!!
Take time today and press your nose pressed against the window!
God is doing some pretty amazing things!!

2 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

I love to watch the sun set in our apartment. It looks like He just took a paint brush to the sky and it's absolutely beautiful.

Michelle Turner said...

Beautiful words... and a great reminder!