Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What IS the difference??


Remember this book?? Last month we gave a copy away for Yay...Free Friday. You can read the original post HERE. I literally read this book in two days. It captured me in the first chapter and other than feeding my kids and grabbing another cup of coffee, not much got done...I was caught in the world of Denver, Ron and Deborah! Whew...talk about hanging on to every word and going through every emotion! As every paged turned, I journeyed through their lives. It's one of those books that is so real...you feel like you've been right there with them on the sidelines watching and feeling everything they experienced.


God used it in my life...


He revealed things to me about my character that wasn't really that pretty.

So you probably ask, what brings about this discussion?
Why didn't we do it the first time around when we gave a copy of it away??


Well, we received this...


Jodi said...
Hi! Thank you for recommending "Same Kind of Different as Me" on your blog! I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this moving book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book "What Difference Do It Make?" which updates readers on their activity since the first book came out. Please contact me with your mailing address if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site at your convenience.
Thanks! Jodi Hughes


How exciting is that!!
It took me back a little bit to be honest. Wow...praise God that they even found our little blog, would care to ask our thoughts AND giving us a copy of their new book!


(Which on a side note, I've read that one as well and -AWESOME!) More on that later.


So this is my question for you...


What IS the difference? How has God used this book to change you?

Take some time today to think, ponder and pray about this. I'll be sharing tomorrow on how God has used it in my life (the good, bad and ugly) and we would love to hear how He worked in your heart as well.

Ask people around you if they have read the book. Let's get as many people to join in as possible! What an encouragement it will be!

Have a wonderful day!
Much love~Tina



2 comments:

La Familia Garcia said...

I've never read it, but would definately love to. I'll have to keep my eye out for a copy!

Nikki said...

Wish I could join in, but will need to get the book first :)