Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Count it all joy, my Brethren...

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
knowing that the testing of your faith
produces patience.
But let patience have its perfect work,

that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1:2-4 NKJV

The NKJV translation (above) reads that -the testing of your faith produces PATIENCE.
The NASB translation reads that -the testing of your faith produces ENDURANCE.
The English Standard Version -the testing of your faith produces STEADFASTNESS
The New International Version -the testing of your faith develops PERSEVERANCE.

I enjoyed reading The New Living Translation:

Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way,
let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.

------------------------------------

This past month or so has just seemed to be one trial after another. Our cat died, I was couch-bound-sicker-than-a-dog for a week, then our kids starting getting sick, our dog got hit by a truck (she is okay, PTL!) husband sick, 2nd round of kids getting sick (Natalie is home AGAIN today), spiritual warfare within the family, hurting hearts, weekend getaway canceled, unexpected financial strain (big vet bill), missing testimony Sunday (which I was supposed to give mine) and really falling on my face spiritually due to the pressure of it all! I am tired and weak. My faith tested.

I feel that Satin is attacking our family. Is he? Maybe. I would not be surprised at all because of the work that the Lord is doing in our hearts.The ground that he has lost...we wants back. The only thing is that he can't take it back. We would have to give it, but boy can he sure try to steal our joy! Regardless of why these things happen, how are we going to look at them? How are we going to travel through them? Scripture says that we are to look at them as opportunities for joy. Hmmm

We all face trials everyday. And I don't try to compare my trials with yours because frankly...so many others are dealing with far greater things! Sometimes I think we get discouraged and don't reach out and share because we feel our troubles are a bother, small or unimportant.

I am so guilty of this! I don't want to bother anyone...my issues are SO small compaired to the many of you I pray over. God doesn't call the small stuff a bother. He wants it all.

So how do we "count it all joy" or "look at them (trials) as opportunities for joy" when the situation really doesn't leave you feeling too joyful?

I'm learning that being joyful is a choice. It's believing in His word! We will be joyful when we can look at the laundry list of trials and see His mighty work in and through it all! It's trusting that through the trials, through the testing of your faith we WILL as His word says produce patience, endurance, steadfastness, and perseverance! It's knowing that you will look back and say, Thank you Lord for carrying me through that! He will! I can not make it through JOYFUL in my own strength!

I trust in that! I desire that! Joy floods my heart!
He has a mighty plan for our lives!
Nothing happens to us that has not flown through His hand!

Let us share our Joys and Trials today.
How can we be praising and praying to our God for you?

May the testing of our faith leave us strong in character and ready for anything!!
post signature






No comments: