Friday, November 19, 2010

Yay...Free Friday!

BLESSED!

"I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in him. Then you will have more and more hope, and it will flow out of you by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 (ERV)

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3 (NIV)

"For You, LORD, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands." Psalm 92:4 (NKJV)

"I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10


Choosing to see our Blessings!
Psalm 34:8reads "Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" Pick it up...taste it...be BLESSED!

I've missed this most of my life...but I praise God that He is giving my mind understanding and my eyes new vision!

In August I started a prayer journal. You know how things go (at least for me) I started strong and then started to fizzle out. I wrote a lot of the same requests (all good...I know we are to pray without ceasing) but I was struggling with joy. Just joy in my life in general. So I started to add PRAISES alongside my prayer requests. My Praise list was much shorter than my Request list.

God started stirring my heart. Why so few praises?? What does God's word say?
Here is a small sampling from the Psalms (NKJV)

Psa 21:13 Be exalted, O LORD, in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power.
Psa 22:22 I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
Psa 22:23 You who fear the LORD, praise Him! All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him, And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
Psa 22:25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly; I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
Psa 22:26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied; Those who seek Him will praise the LORD. Let your heart live forever!
Psa 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.
Psa 30:4 Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.
Psa 30:9 "What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth?
Psa 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psa 33:1 REJOICE in the LORD, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful.

You get it right? And there is MUCH more where that came from!

Then God led me to this post and I started counting one by one the blessings that are all around me. Give me eyes to see Lord! Give me eyes to hear. Give me your heart!


That first morning sip of hot coffee. Pretty coffee mugs.

Afghan "dog houses"


Little fingers. Leaves. Glue

Washing machine surprises!

The gift of love.

Friendships

Eyes that SEE. Hearts that worship.



As a family we start writing them down. From big kids, little kids, family, friends, Moms, Dads and even Grandmas! We write and share what our eyes have seen. What our heart has felt.

And we PRAISE!

I've lived most of my life defeated. I didn't know any better. That is what I saw...what I was taught through the lives of those around me. My heart not knowing the hope and freedom of a Christ filled life.

I now have Christ...and I now CHOOSE to live the life that Christ has intended for each of us.


This week we are going to give away an

Ever Grateful - Memo Board with Easel from Dayspring! They feature it in their fall catalog marked with beautiful blessings!

Sit it on your counter.
Allow your eyes to see. Be reminded.
Write your blessings...
Your gratitude's and praises!!

REJOICE!







To enter, please leave your information below.

Have a very Blessed weekend!
The winner will be chosen on Monday!

post signature



No comments: