Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Refreshment!





Summer is just rushing by and all these days, weeks are just flowing right together!  I'm sitting here on my porch again this morning.  It has been my quiet spot to sit, read, ponder & pray.  I hear the kids in the house.  A robin just flew up and rested on a branch in front of me.  I'm thankful for these moments.  Sometimes it's hard to stop and take these moments!  They are gifts of grace.  Moments of prayer and reflection.  A time of refreshment for weary bones!

Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest, [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls]. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For my yoke is wholesome (useful, good - not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and my burden is light and easy to be borne. ~ Matthew 11: 28-30


post signature

No comments: