Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rotten Milk


Yep, rotten milk.  It's what our dishes smelled like after two cycles through the dishwasher.  I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how but something for sure isn't right!  I have washed dishes almost my whole life.  Washed them from a stool that I stood on in front of our Grandmother's stainless steel sink, bubbles dripping off the elbow.  Every night after supper I dropped the stopper into place and ran the water warm, little sister and I side by side.  My children have never known this.  Well until now...

The two youngest worked together sharing the sink, the yellow rubber gloves, time and lots of conversation.  Memories flooded.  I sure hope the dishwasher gets fixed soon but until then we will gather over bubbles in the sink.

And as the sun shines bright...Noah David, Merrick and Finley...I will be praying over you today as I work on your scripture animals.

post signature

No comments: