Thursday, October 30, 2008

Help us Give a Blessing to Lisa Jane!


2 Corinthians 9:8
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed."

We really need your help! We are in our second month of Give a Blessing. I have no doubt that the Lords blessing is upon this act of giving and He has given me peace about being more forward in asking for others to reach out as well! Along with Baby be Blessed our Give a Blessing is constantly on my heart and in my prayers. I was discouraged this month however in the lack of giving. As of yesterday we have not received one donation to help little Miss Lisa Jane. I started questioning if we should even be reaching out with our Give a Blessing if we aren't able to help. But God's word quickly reminded me His truth....

"Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence." Isaiah 40:27-29

"God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9

As believers in Christ we are called to help one another!

"He who gives to the poor will never want, But he who shuts his eyes will have many curses." Proverbs 28:27

"Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. Romans 15:1-2

"Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ." Gal. 6:2

"But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?" 1 John 3:17

Baby be Blessed gives $100 to every recipient. That is not even a drop in the bucket to the amount these families need to cover medical and household expenses. Please help us reach out to this family! I have a shopping cart set up for $5 donation here, or donate through ChipIn below.



If you are able to give...we thank you so very much!!

~Tina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina~

My heart just broke for Lisa Jane when I saw this post. I am filled with such sadness to see this sweet angel so sick. I am the mother of 2 children who both have a genetic, chronic, terminal disease and I know what that family is suffering! SO, I just made a donation in the amount of $50.00 to her through PayPal on your website. Not sure if this was the best way to do this, but please be sure to get the money directly to her family. God bless you for your compassion and your provision to help others in their time of need. I know you are storing up treasures in heaven because of the love you demonstrate in the name of Jesus.

Allison Deeson

ASHLEY said...

HI TINA--
THIS IS ASHLEY, I ALSO WAS HEARTBROKEN TO SEE HER LITTLE FACE IN THE PICTURE. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT ISAIAH AND MAHAILA ARE BOTH HEALTHY. I JUST MADE A DONATION OF 62.00 DOLLARS, AND IT IS IN MY HUSBANDS NAME {ORLANDO}. I WOULD HOPE THAT SOMEONE WOULD HELP MY BABY IF THEY WERE IN THIS SITUATION. I HOPE MY DONATION HELPS. ASHLEY