Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Celebration of Christ ~Day Sixteen!


Did I say day sixteen?!
Is CHRISTmas next week already?!
I apologize for tucking my head in again for a few days, and I expect that I will do it here over the next two days. Working hard on finishing up all the CHRISTmas orders which need to be mailed out by tomorrow!! If you follow me on twitter, I will have the doll countdown! Please pray for the Lords provision in all things to get through this last bunch...
Here is another idea that is so great!
-Bake bread for neighbors and give it to them with a small note reminding them of the "Bread of Life". "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." John 6:35
The kids and I helped with the bread ministry at Church and were so blessed to bless new visitors and members with this kind gesture...this gift with a true message!
So one more pondering thought that has been on my heart this week. This time of year can be so crazy and even a burden of how to get everything done and everything paid for! I let this sneak up on me as well, but if we allow ourselves to believe in truth all that quickly fades away. It is not about what you do or what you buy. We can all say it...but are you living it?? Do you have the heart and mind of Christ or are you focused on all the other craziness that the season can bring? Are you focused on having the picture perfect Christmas with all the presents and fixins? What does your heart want this CHRISTmas?? A wise friend not too long ago told me that Satin wants you to want what you can't have. It's a big trick of the enemy, a notorious trick that has caught me many times. Since she has spoke those words to me I quickly check my heart when I have the poor me attitude. I don't have time for that or we can't afford that....Oh, how I wish I had that. Or how about, they have that so I need to have that! So my question to you and always for myself is... What do you have? What has the Lord given you and are you content and with peace with it. Are you praising Him for it? I pray that whatever situation we are in this CHRISTmas season finds us in the heart of THANKSGIVING!
Thank you Jesus for everything you provide!

No comments: