Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Head to the Hills ~Day Two!



On vacation day two...we woke {as always} to a beautiful view!


I brought a bucket of goodies to make a special project.


Water Bombs!


I read about this idea HERE and thought it would something fun to bring along to make with the kids! I didn't tell them what we were making so they were pretty excited to get started. As I gave instructions I kept giving them clues and asking them if they could guess what we were making and they just couldn't figure it out! They were very easy to make!




I must admit though, that I was more excited about the finished product than they were! =)


Kolton lost interest quick {though we had a blast in the pool that afternoon}, Lola made one and then chose to make a sponge family instead, Natalie was disapointed because she had in her mind that we were painting something and Tristin made his but really was kind of going with the flow...but I felt project was so very cute! It didn't cost a lot of money and we ended up having a lot of fun with them!


That afternoon, the big boys went to Bass Pro {with the kids} and Grandma and I went to run a few local errands.


I left my camera at home but I so wish I would have had it! We stopped at a few places I haven't been before including a cute road side vegetable stand that sold "korn".


{sigh} next time....


More pool time when everyone got back.



And some picture time for me!


I don't have a lot of extra time at home to learn about all my camera settings so it was so much fun to practice on all the beautiful flowers!





Then {one of our favorites} a ride on the Rino!



The day ended with a backyard fireworks display proudly set off by two of my favorite boys!


A perfect end to a wonderful day! =)


post signature

1 comment:

Danae Hudson said...

Very fun! I loved your fireworks pictures :)