Thursday, July 28, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!


To be honest...
I wasn't really feeling the "jiggity jig" when we got back home. Here is what I wrote in my journal the evening we returned.

I'm feeling a little emotional at the moment even thinking that tomorrow we start back into the old routine of life once again. I'm fighting on the inside. I was throwing an internal tantrum as we drove down the drive and turned North back home. This week has been beautiful! I've seen beauty in every moment! It is so easy! Over the past couple of days I feel God speaking in my heart -why? Why is it so easy to see and embrace the beauty now but not so much in the "everyday"? I struggle with this. It is so easy when we are taking a break from life...but how can I hold onto the beauty in the everyday?

Father will you show me?

Will you give me new eyes to see what is a moment filled with Grace? Gifts given? Moments to praise??

This is something that I have been missing. Not always but too often.

Fill me fresh Lord! Give me new strength and wisdom to move forward in faith. To live fully in Your beauty!


So over the past week I've been pondering just this. Pouring prayers, searching my eyes and opening my heart to this...the REAL beauty that's all around me. It's continuing to slow...to count the gifts given...and embrace the beauty of today!

post signature

No comments: